Help For A Friend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. KillPatient, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    A friend of mine's account was hijacked earlier. He's done all the necessary steps (according to him at least) to get it back, but when I attempt to view his profile now it gives me this message:

This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
    If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!

I'd assume that it means the account has been temporarily disabled in order to regain control, but frankly that's just a guess. If anyone knows what this means, or if it's good or bad, please tell me, I'd like to help him out as much as possible.

2. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    The account stealer might have set the profile to private, i think you get this message then.

3. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  4. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh god, mine says incorrect login now too... I never entered my info anywhere but on Steam...
    It says for me that none of you guys have set up your steam profiles, is it the same for you?

EDIT: I don't know what happened earlier, but it works fine now... *exhales contentedly*

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Steam is weird like that, it completely refuses to log you in until you try over and over and dick around a bit.

But if your friend has e-mailed Valve, they will do something about this. I hear they're reliable when it comes to regaining your account.

6. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Because Gabe's caddy's chauffeur has informed him that steam is a place where people put poorly invested money, meaning that the theft of a Steam account is equal to the most heinous of crimes, theft of money.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    I got the reference. And as such, you were thanked.

THE ONLY POOR PEOPLE I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ARE THE PEOPLE WHO TEND TO MY PORES AT THE SPA.

• Thanks Thanks x 1