Help! Error with skycam

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 10fps, Aug 19, 2008.

1. 10fps

10fps L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I cannot run my map as eveytime it comes with this error:

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Mar 11 2008)
    2 threads
    materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\team fortress 2\tf\materials
    Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro.vmf
    Patching WVT material: maps/pyro/nature/blendgroundtogravel005_wvt_patch
    fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
    ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
    ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
    Processing areas...done (0)
    Building Faces...done (0)
    Error! Entity sky_camera in solid volume! at 0.0 0.0 0.0

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Mar 11 2008)
    2 threads
    reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro.bsp
    Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Mar 11 2008)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro.bsp
    Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\happypanda18\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\pyro.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\happypanda18\team fortress 2\tf\maps\pyro.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
    "The system cannot find the file specified."

Is the line that says: Error! Entity sky_camera in solid volume! at 0.0 0.0 0.0 my problem, and how do I fix it?

Problem started after I made a skybox and sky_camera following spaceweasels tut.

2. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    By deleting solid brush sky_camera is in.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    You should have only one sky camera.. in your 3dskybox. Your map should encompass the centre axis in your world space. This is where the sky camera "records" the world from.

Interlopers.net has an excellent error reference tool, hold on whilst i go find the link.

edit: http://www.interlopers.net/errors/

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. bobby1211

bobby1211 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    0.0 0.0 0.0 indicates that the sky camera in question is at the origin. When you first open your map you are looking at the origin. If you are inside your map you need to delete the sky camera that is at the origin and make sure you have one in the center of your skybox. If you start off in your skybox you need to move everything so that the origin is in your map, in this case you also need to move the sky camera out of the brush that it is touching.

-Bobby

5. 10fps

10fps L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the fast reply, yes I did have 2 sky_cameras and one was on the origin. Thanks I deleted the unneeded one and it all works good! I must have misread something allong the way.

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I used to make the same mistake when i was learning to use 3d-skyboxes. It's not an uncommon novice mistake.:thumbup1: