Help creating multiple spawn rooms for 5 CP map

Geal

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
Hey everyone

I'm creating multiple spawn rooms for a 5CP map ala granary and badlands. However, I can't get my spawnrooms to change appropriately. I have all of the info_player_teamspawns set for the correct teams, and all are referencing the appropriate points as their Associated Control Points: the first red spawn room references red1 (the closest to their base), red spawn 2 is referencing the middle point, and red spawn 3 is referencing blue point 2. Likewise, blue respawn 1 is referencing blue point 1, blu respawn 2 is referencing the middle point, and blue respawn 3 is referencing red point 2.

None of the control points or respawn rooms are set to start disabled. Is there something else I'm missing? I imagine I could give each control point a series of outputs to enable/disable each spawn point and spawn room, but that would be a gigantic hassle and it seems like valve just uses the "Associated Control Point" value for their spawn rooms in these cases.

Huh, after some further testing I have found that red team works, but blue team doesn't for some reason - blue team always spawns at the first spawn room, but red's spawns will change as they should.

Last edited:

Geal

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
Welp, figured it out - turns out that the first blue spawn room didn't have an associated control point, so it would always spawn there first. After making sure it was set correctly to the first blue point, the rest of the spawn rooms functioned normally.