[Help] Cannnot find File specified

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by boykevin, Dec 5, 2008.

1. boykevin

boykevin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    well i tried to fix it myself but i couldnt find anything on google
    Code:
    ** Executing...
    ** Command: "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\Steam\SteamApps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Mar 11 2008)
    2 threads
    materialPath: d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\team fortress 2\tf\materials
    Loading D:\Steam\SteamApps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas.vmf
    Error! Variable "$detail" is multiply defined in material "concrete/wall024"!
    Error! Variable "$detailscale" is multiply defined in material "concrete/wall024"!
    Error: displacement found on a(n) func_water_analog entity - not supported (entity 6, brush 0)

** Executing...
    ** Command: "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\Steam\SteamApps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Mar 11 2008)
    2 threads
    reading d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas.bsp
    Error opening d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
    ** Parameters:  -game "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\Steam\SteamApps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Mar 11 2008)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas.bsp
    Error opening d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "D:\Steam\SteamApps\bkevin3110\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\sniperoad_xmas.bsp" "d:\steam\steamapps\bkevin3110\team fortress 2\tf\maps\sniperoad_xmas.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
      "The system cannot find the file specified."

2. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    You have displacement tied to the entity. Remove either displacement or entity.

Also, interlopers' error checker might solve many further problems. It's in the stickied thread.

3. boykevin

Positive Ratings:
    alright ill do it later today
    wheres the error checker??

4. Cameron:D

Cameron:D L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  5. boykevin

Positive Ratings:
    thanks
    also
    im making a xmas map
    and i have like floors that go up and down like elevators and i cant make the top a snow pile that it is in displacement
    and it cant be an entity so how do i attach it to the elevator?

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    You can't. and thats the end of the story unfortunatly.

You could find a modeler or learn yourself and make the displacement a model and use that instead. but otherwise you can't do it.

7. boykevin

Positive Ratings:
    o ok then ill try to figure out something