Help! Can a floating payload boat be possible?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Shadowgattler, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Shadowgattler

Shadowgattler L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I want to experiment with payload maps, but I don't want to do the same old coal cart with a big boy Nuke strapped to it kid of thing. Instead I want to see if I can make a canal map with a boat with a bomb tied down to it as the payload. Is there anyway this is possible?

2. TyeZenneth

TyeZenneth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's possible, just not very probable. There have been a few such maps in the past, but they never really went anywhere because to have so much water as to have a track for your payload to go through is to have a lot more water than any one map could possibly need. But the actual mechanics of it are possible. The cart itself is just a model you could switch it out for almost any other model.

3. Shadowgattler

Positive Ratings:
    Well I would easily work around the water problem by making it run through a canal or aqua duct structure

4. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Whalerace did it. People liked that map. I say go for it.

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Water has a host of problems such as unbalancing pyros and explosive classes, inability to have multiple levels, movement issues, etc.

I know this has been tried but I can't recall the name of the maps that did it. I don't want to sound really discouraging but it's a very difficult concept for TF2.

6. Shadowgattler

Positive Ratings:
    I decided that I'm gonna scrap the Pl idea but I've drawn up a quick concept for a koth/cp map that might work well with a water mill theme

7. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
  8. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Nah I'm thinking specifically of something else. Whale Race is great, but people kind of go into it knowing it's primarily humorous. It's definitely got severe balance issues (or did anyway) that left people frustrated.