HELP - 3 cp's set up and the round automatically wins

Cereal_Killer

L1: Registered
Feb 11, 2008
I have a cp set up for RED and one for BLU with a third neutral cap in the middle.

For some reason everytime I run the map BLU automatically wins. :confused:

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
You've probably made a very common mistake involving your game entities. Here's an excerpt from a Gravel Pit-style cp map tutorial found here that might help:

And we run immediately into problems. When playing Blue, we instantly lose, and when playing Red, we instantly win. We have created a linear CP-game, like Granary and Well. Congratulations, but that was not our goal.

Lets add the final entities to complete Part 2 (Yes, those are the small dots in the middle of my map).
1) Add an entity team_control_point_master:
Name: team_control_point_master
Cap Layout: 2, 0 1
Restrict team from winning: Red
Switch teams on map win?: Yes

2) Add an entity game_round_win:
Name: game_round_win_red
Team: Red
Switch teams on map win?: Yes

3) Last, add an entity team_round_timer:
Name: team_round_timer
Timer length (in seconds): 120
Max timer length (in seconds): 120
Start paused: No
Setup timer length (in seconds): 10

On the Output-tab, add a new output:
My output named: OnFinished
Target entities named: game_round_win_red
Via this input: RoundWin
After a delay in seconds of: 0 (Click Apply)

As stated, you HAVE successfully created a linear CP map. I've not made one myself yet but I'd assume you missed creating a team_round_win entity.

Last edited:

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
This is either set in the team_control_point_round (if you have one) or the team_control_point_master. Those entitys have a value which say: restrict team from winning. That value should be for the red team or they would win by capturing all the points (which they already have from the start). This also doesnt make it impossible to make red win as a game_round_win entity simply overrules that (which has to trigger by the timer).

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
It doesn't sound like an A/D map, so it isn't a win restriction issue, and the t_c_p_m should handle all win conditions.
Some things to check: do you have the previous require points set properly? are all the trigger_capture_area linked to the points?
It would help if you gave screenshots/words of your t_c_p, t_c_p_m and t_c_a settings.