Hello

Bockagon

L3: Member
Jul 15, 2009
Hello all! I downloaded hammer a little while ago cause I had some ideas for new gameplay styles in TF2. I've been messing around with it for about 2 weeks now (and apparently I've already used the SDK for 31.2 hrs). I'll have a lot of free time for mapping this summer and I hope to get some of my ideas up and running. I'll probably need a lot of help though so I joined up here.

projects I have in mind:
payload_sumo: the cart starts in the middle and both teams can push it. Whichever team pushes the cart to blow up the enemy base first wins. kind of like PLR but with one track
CTF_keepaway: so maybe this isn't a new idea (it's straight off the developer wiki lol) but this game mode seems simple to make and fun to play

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Hi there and welcome!.

have you had any early screenshots to share with us?

Apr 19, 2009
Hi and welcome to TF2Maps.net obso1337! :D

To get started, you should read through the TF2 wiki and our own rather impressive Tutorial section.

If you need help with Entities download this. However, you need to download this so the Entities will work right. Now if you need help with things like doors download this. Lastly if you have a hate for the model browser download this.

Don't worry about making it pretty just yet. However, feel free to sign up for gameday for some good testing. Gamedays are on Fridays in the euro server and Saturday/Sunday in the U.S. server.If you have any other questions, there is usually someone in Steam chat who can help. Welcome to the group!

Lastly don't forget!
Does it help?
Do you agree?
Make you laugh?
The quickest way to express yourself:
post_thanks.gif

3Suns

L1: Registered
Jul 11, 2009
Payload Sumo sounds hilarious! Let us know when you have something we can test it with. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a mode that could even be popular in competitive TF2 gaming. It might be the perfect objective mode to bring the arena (DM) gamers and the objective gamers together. It could be a wonderful balance of the two. In fact, as soon as you get the cart mechanism challenges beat, let me know. That would be a wonderful first map project for beginners (like me) due to the fact that the maps would/could be small, and should be symmetrical.

Last edited:

Bockagon

L3: Member
Jul 15, 2009
I appreciate your interest 3suns :D. Once I can figure out how to make the cart work I'll let you know. I've tried a few things so far but I keep running into different problems. I have a few more ideas to try, most of which involve putting 2 carts back to back. I'd rather not do that though because that causes complications with the tracks. When I get the mode up and running I'll post a simple map. You're right about the simple mapping part, the only problem with that is putting a functioning cart into the map. But that'll be solved if I can get it figured out and posted; then you can just copy and paste it.