Hello

Sirusblk

L1: Registered
May 19, 2009
Well I suppose if I'm to introduce myself this would be the place to do it (how astute of me). First a bit about myself. I've been playing TF2 since beta. Yes I do play spy and I enjoy the class. I have played semi-competitively but I'm probably on the low end of skill.

Anyways my interest in mapping. I find I'm very critical of maps, I feel the need to nitpick maps and dissect them. I take in aesthetic values as well as what goes on behind the scenes (like why I love turbine, no geometry to get stuck on). I've made some attempts at making maps on several engines (Warcraft 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, etc.) But I finally decided to get serious as TF2 seems to be my love.

Anyways, thanks for having me here, I look forward to being an active member in your community :)

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Don't feel bad. I've been here since the beginning, and I still haven't introduced myself in this forum :p I'm always glad to see a new enthusiast join the ranks. You should find that mapping w/ the Source engine is pretty similar to other shooters. Make sure you check out our Tutorial section; http://forums.tf2maps.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12 And of course, there's always someone in our Steam chat room who can help. Welcome to the group m8 :)