Hello

warlock

L1: Registered
Dec 10, 2007
Hello TF2Map members. I am new here. I found this site by looking up mapping tutorials. I started mapping about 2 months after I bought TF2. I have played CSS for sometime now but TF2 made me want to start looking into map building. I have not released a map yet because up until a month ago I have been just learning how to do things in SourceSDK. I think I will release my first map in about 1 - 2 months for beta testing. I must say you have some nice tutorials here. Thank you. Anyways I will see ya online. Take care and Happy New Year.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Welcome bud great to see another mapper starting up. Hope you share some screenies for us as well .

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Very cool :) I'm also quite fond of our tuts. Can you give us a hint on what kinda of map your beta is?

warlock

L1: Registered
Dec 10, 2007
I can try. Writing is not my strong point. The map so far has 3 levels to it. Starting from ground level there is two garages with 4 big doors (the size of a dump truck) on both sides that open when a player comes close to them. Each garage is facing each other and they both have 2 level office rooms at the end of the garage unit inside. This is where the intelligence will rest for each side.
Outside of these buildings is a tunnel and a stair case leading to the lower levels below ground. The stair case will lead to an area that will over look a 2fort kind of setup. Each side will have a sniper area over looking 2 bridges and ramps on both sides leading to the bridges where a dump truck will drive over the bridges once in a while killing people that don't look for it. The tunnel will lead to the lowest level below the 2 bridges where a train will scream on through killing people once again if they don't listen for it.
Here the status of the map. I need to create one more building that is housing the stair case to the lower level where the sniper building is to finish the design and lay out of the map. The map is only done in dev textures right now. Then I will place some fences with some no clipping stuff and its off to beta test. I am not very good at putting ideas to words. I hope this has created an image of the map that I am working on.

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
Glad to have you with us, welcome to the group. Hey, ladyyyyyy! Tut page is greaet, check chat for anything else.