Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Avastindy, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Avastindy

Avastindy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I'm Avastindy,

I'm new to the community, and also an aspiring Map Maker. I used to make Train Layouts in my spare time as a kid, But no longer have the resources to pursue that. I recently stumbled upon TF2 a few years ago, and just recently the Hammer editor. In a way, I sense map making as a another form of makingTrain Layouts, so I'm excited to jump in. I also like to sketch in my free-time, and started using that as a way to plan my own maps, and to study game level design. Well I hope to learn alot here.

2. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 mapping is a form of making train layouts? This is damn gold I must write it down.

Hello!

3. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, and welcome to TF2Maps! Enjoy your stay!

4. norfolk terrier

norfolk terrier L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I also used to make Thomas the train toy layouts as a kid. Guess that's an origin of my enjoyment of mapping.

5. Avastindy

Positive Ratings:
    I was actually reffering to my Dad's HO Train layouts, the more professional done ones :)

6. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to the site!

Make sure you watch some tutorials on how Hammer works, look at @Crash 's tutorial series.

When you have a map project done, and want to have it tested with real people! (DONT EVER USE BOTS) Make sure to add it to a gameday, or an imp in the steam chat.

7. Avastindy

Positive Ratings:
    OK, Thanks for the tips.

8. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Bots are good to test logic you can't test alone, but you'll have to build nav mesh.