Hello

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
Hi,

Though i've been around a while, I've never introduced myself as a mapper - as I wasn't. I'm still not really, I'm an enthusiastic learner :)

I know many of you from days of old, so to old friends and new 'Hello'.

I'm Colt. I live in front of my PC. I have too much time on my hands. Erm. That's about it ;)

Here's a quick glimpse of a community mapping project I'm running with Boylee and Jimbomcb, both members here and at our community, Playstuff. It's our first birthday today, so rather than post loads of screenies, which I will be doing as soon as we launch the Beta 1 versions of our Koth Suite - a 3 part Koth project - I'm just posting todays 'happy birthday playstuff' announcement.

Catch you soon - I'm going to make more effort to jump on gameday's.

By the way - if you want our community to test your maps (alpha on the Map Lab server, Beta on the Teamplay) then just make a post in our Mapping Lab and we'll give you admin on the server so you can test with friends at your leisure.

All the best, Colt

birthday.jpg

Last edited:

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
Map looks good. :) But it has way too many big props. Are they in the 3D skybox?

Cheers :D Hoping it plays that way when we unleash it on the wider world. Yeah, the big props are all in the skybox - all three stages are pretty small and light :), we decompiled the models for containers and shrank them considerably into two different distance models.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
Hey colt, I remember you from back in the old monthly gamedays.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Colt! great to see you =)

Guys the playstuff community is superb for getting some really solid feedback on a map. Most of them are an older crowd so you get so experienced answers.

I Highly suggest checking them out at http://playstuff.net/.