Hello There

Half-Life_Maniac

L3: Member
Nov 30, 2007
Hello,

Long time Half-Life 1 mapper, looking to get in on some TF2 mapping. Had some experience with Source mapping, but never really got into it. Probably due to bloody Hammer being more of a strain on my computer than actually running the games. Speaking of which, now I can't even map properly at all thanks to someone breaking the 3D view windows in the latest "uppdate"

Oh well, once I can get back to work, I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to ask in these forums. Seems a good enough site so far. Probably the only decent TF2 related mapping site actually.

Half-Life_Maniac

L3: Member
Nov 30, 2007
Don't worry- you won't see any fullbright hollowed box rooms full of random props from me! Plenty of those on fpsbanana though if you're interested.

I have been working on a couple of remakes of classic TFC maps, namely Warpath and Badlands. I'm aware that others have the same idea, but unlike them, I'm trying to create remakes in the TF2 style, rather than a straight port of the exact same blocky concrete textured structures from TFC.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Very cool. And sorry about your Hammer being bugged. For what it's worth, I've been there, not fun :( Make sure to post some screens once you have something to show off! I'd love to see classic maps with a TF2 facelift :)