Hello there!

PingWIN7

L1: Registered
Jan 21, 2011
Hello everybody! My name is PingWIN and I'm an (ex-)competitive player and a student. I'm very interested in map making, i think i made my first map (with map editor :p) in Duke Nukem 3D. Also i've made a map in starcraft, outlive, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Counter-Strike: Source and Team Fortress 2 but to be honest i've never released any map for the community because it was made for self training or something happend which forced me to cancel\trash the project.

I'm looking to make map(s) for TF2 again, because i saw this new contest on Teamfortress.com but i'll need some help,explaining why:
Some years ago I've started to use the hammer to make a map in CS:S but something went wrong and it become annoying and more annoying for me: when i created like a nice door, window or a wall in editor and saved it and...
A,) Started a test run on a map
B,) Saved the map in editor and then loaded it later
... it just moved it AWAY! And i don't know what is the reason or problem which made the wall to move away from the original place where i placed it in the editor (it moved away in editor and in-game aswell)

Example: I placed the window's door (or i don't know what's the nameof it) on the X:54 Y:35 Z: 22 cordinate and then i saved the map and then Started a test run or loaded the map itself later it moved to X:34 Y:43 Z: 35 cordinate. When i tried to fix it it always repositioned to the bad position. But when i somehow did managed to fix it then other wall moved away... Well i hope i don't need to explain how annoying it was :S

Well i hope someone can help me and again i hope i can participate in the new contest :)

PingWIN7

L1: Registered
Jan 21, 2011
Well I'm a secondary-school student and to be honest there aren't any subject which is interesting for me!(sorry if i missunderstand it but it can happen sometimes :) ) But when I'm finishing this school I'll going to a school which teaching about programing maybe some picture creating, modelling video editing and so on ... so computer things. :) To be honest i like doing stuffs with computer (of course it's another thing when i can finish it or not :D) and i spend most of my time before my computer with some sport aswell so i can say it's my life :p

Feb 17, 2009

Click the image to get more info about mapping!
wink.png