Hello there UWU

Jonathan C. Dyer

L1: Registered
Jul 23, 2019
Hi i'm Jonathan i'm new to to Hammer and map creating i'm working on my first project (It's prob gonna be terrible) I started playing TF2 in 2017 just before the Jungle Inferno update When they nerfed 2 of my favorite utilitys the dead ringer and the ambassador (as you can tell i'm a edgy spy main) i took a break after that for about 6 months and i'm now recently getting back into TF2 and i'm now looking forward to play some maps and have fun

Update : i am currently working on a map with the help from UEAKCrash's tutorials Thanks alot UEAKCrash

Last edited:

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
Hey, Jonathan! Welcome to TF2Maps.net!

Hammer mapping is a great thing, and I'm glad you got into it! Crash's tutorials are an amazing start, but if you're going to follow the guide, I suggest you learn some basic tricks of the trade.

1. Study maps! The TF2 wiki has overviews of maps. Find maps that you really like, and use the overhead to figure out how to design maps.
  2. Don't go overboard. I made the mistake of trying to make a Payload map first-thing. I ended up messing everything up. Try for something simple.
  3. Mirror before compiles. It's painful trying to mirror stuff you just added, so always work on one side, then before you submit the map to the Discord (submit to the channel "Bot" with !add [MapName] [Link] [Description]), mirror the half of the map you worked on to the other side.
  4. Don't be afraid to ask questions! If you ever need help with ANYTHING, ask in the forums!
I can't wait to see what you make!

Tango

Sauce Copter Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2017
Welcome to the site, glad my tutorials are helping you out!
Crash your tutorials are not helpful; they are essential to easily understand hammer and build your first map.

Also welcome Jonathan! Hope you stay with us!