Hello! It's me again

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Howdy!

Considering I had never actually made an introduction thread when I first joined, and that it has been about 2 years since I actively participated in this community, I decided to create one on my return. Or well, what hopefully will be my return! That and the fact that probably half of the people will by now be new to me, a quick introduction might be appropriate. :)

Well then! My name is Hannes, but some of you will remember me by my nickname, Hanz, also an easier form of my actual name for the english speaking people. ;) At the time being I study History at our local university and as most of you play games during my free time. I started mapping in 2009 (oh god it's been so long D:) and sort of quit mapping back in 2012/13 with Arctic (which you can find in my signature). With this introduction post I hope to get in touch again with the TF2Maps community, which should lead to some extremely enjoyable (?) maps again.

I have most likely missed out on a bunch of stuff, so feel free to inform me about the most interesting changes in the mapping business! How is mapping compared to the old days? Any game modes people hate/love nowadays that I should know about? If you feel like, tell me anything! :D

If I really get started with mapping again, I might set up a youtube channel providing behind-the-scenes content for those interested. That is probably the most optimistic prospect I have, because I was supposed to join the two last contests, too! Will you help me lift my lazy ass? :D

- your favorite belgian mapper except for all the other cool belgian mappers, Hanz!

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Welcome back! Have you got any current projects or ideas for one?

Well I still have to finish Arctic, so I might do that once I get back into the mapping thing. :) Currently looking for some interesting 70's sets or locations in the USA to use for inspiration! ;)

A wild Hanz appears! When is our fav whale guy aka Beatz coming back:?

I certainly hope for our favwhaleakabeatzguy to come back <3

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Your signature uses tinyurl (well ok) and then brings me to places on the forum with &highlight=hanz in the end of the url, which is annoying to look at. At least one of these tinyurl links don't work anymore and the text seems to be link-inserted in a really random way.
Not sure about you, but I would change a little about that.

Other than that:
hi