Hello from Panchoman!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by panchoman, May 14, 2009.

1. panchoman

panchoman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi guys,

I'm Panchoman and I recently became the proud owner of 2 tf2 servers, and one of them is going to be entirely dedicated towards providing custom maps to the community. So far, i've made great progress in creating a fun tf2 server that plays custom maps and gotten quite a few maps on it, and i'd like to make it even better. I hope you guys can help me add even more great custom maps to my servers, and i hope i can return the favor by helping you guys test out your maps and by making them more popular. I'm completely open to all ideas, comments and suggestions, and would love to have more good custom maps on the server, as well as helping to test these maps.

So far, my server has these maps in them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of the maps are compressed down as bzips and uploaded to a website for fast downloads and what not. I also have sudden death melee redux (when time runs out, players are forced to have a melee fight in sudden death), roll the die, and what not, including the usual goodies like radio, medpacks, ammopacks, vote system,etc.

the server is at: 174.34.139.103:27015

And i hope to see some nice feedback from you guys :)

-Panchoman

2. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Hey nice to see that another comp player has jumped aboard. Now if I could get Chro in here.

PS. This guy has a great 32 man custom map server, and if you need to test your map on a big server, this is the one to go to.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Hey panchoman, welcome!

Feel free to schedule map testing in our events forum to help mappers test their maps on your server!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Mar told me to say high.

Edit:

Welcome to the forums, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Comp play.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    You're missing pl_frontier and meridian is out of date. :p But otherwise hi.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    No Stovepipe? No Furnace?

...welcome to the forums.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys, don't hate, he came here to update his map list with nice, sexy, cool, hot cars... I mean customs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    welcome to the community! its great to have another server admin along

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. panchoman

panchoman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    We used to play frontier a lot on the server before, but we had to move servers and so i still have a list of ~20 maps i still need to install. frontier is one of them :) And i'll update meridian, dont worry :)

Had stovepipe, it's also on the list to be installed (basically all maps that had special requirements for installing are still being processed, only the ones that could be batch jobbed were done so far). as for furnance, i believe its on the list, and if it's not, it will be added.

hey man, it's always great to run into more server admins. It's like you finally meet someone that knows the same stuff as you and can relate to your stories and troubles.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Once i get more involved with the community, i will definently help mappers with map testing and so forth. I'm still in the process of getting the server back too 100% and then we shall proceed from there.

10. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Shadow Monkey

Shadow Monkey Super Monkey

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome. Nice server :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1