Hello from a new mapper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aefnst, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Aefnst

Aefnst L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi everyone I'm Aefnst and I'm new to mapping so any advice on my projects would be well received. I've been lurking a while and would like to thank all the people who create tutorials, because they really saved me allot of time and effort.

Here is a link to my first mapping project that still under construction and I would love advice about http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4938

2. Verumae

Verumae L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there Aefnst, welcome to the community. I'm not able to test it at the moment, but from the screenshots, your map looks very nice. Modifying a game mode is an awfully tough task for a beginner, but you seem to have done it well. I'd like to make two quick suggestions: Create a thread for your map (in the maps showcase, found here) so you can get feedback for it, and change the name to plr_blackmarsh_a1. That way, when you create a new version of the map, you can name it plr_blackmarsh_a2, then a3, etc. People are much more likely to see it if there's a thread. Additionally, you should try getting it into a gameday for testing. If you have any questions, the chat is a great place to go. Good luck!

3. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    Hate to make you feel unwelcome but I feel like I should tell you this before you make a thread, the name blackmarsh has been used by a previous map. You should probably pick a new name.

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome out of the shadows!

... speaking of shadows your map is very dark, I suggest looking into our tutorial section, and looking up one of our lighting tutorials.

5. AngryAngus

AngryAngus L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to tf2maps, pop in the chat sometime. Its where the sexy stuff happens.