Hello everyone!

Mr. Piggens

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2022
The welcome message said I should post an introduction here.

I have been playing TF2 for almost a decade now (since I was a little kid), and have now just started trying to make small maps for fun since I finally was able to set up QEMU on my Mac to run a Windows 10 VM for Hammer. It took so long to figure out, lol. Soon I'll be switching to a laptop running Linux, so I'll use Hammer on there through Proton or QEMU again.

Mr. Piggens

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2022
Hello! Just to let you know that Hammer is pretty finnicky to get working on OS's other than Windows. It's a very old program. If you need any help please join our Discord - we're much more active there than here unfortunately.
Hello! I'll check out the Discord. I hope it's as on-topic as forums like this place are.

I'm running Hammer inside a Windows 10 virtual machine using QEMU on macOS, so to Hammer it looks just like a Windows 10 machine (for anyone wondering the other option is using something like Wine (for Linux and macOS but I don't think it's still supported) or Proton (made by Valve for Linux and still supported) to translate Windows-native commands to POSIX commands and make it work for a non-Windows OS; I'd prefer using Proton on Linux, but it can be not 100% 1:1 with a physical Windows machine so I have QEMU as a back-up (I also don't have a Linux machine yet)).