Hello everyone - A bit about me and CP_Vertigo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aki, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Aki

Aki L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello all. I've recently bought and started playing with Team Fortress 2 and for some reason wanted to build a map. It's now into it's 2nd alpha step and I'm looking for help and pointers with it although it's starting to show some progress.

The map is tentatively named Vertigo. It is a control point map, but the distance focus of the map is in vertical space, not a horizontal layout as is normal for CP maps. The final vision for the map is two towers under construction with cranes and equipment about on the ground (maybe a dump truck or bulldozer).

At the moment the map exists as a skeleton.

The map has been tested with up to 6 players. Currently Scout rushes are ungodly effective on the map. I'm wondering if this will even out once the teams are upped to a more normal 10 persons per team or if the map needs further adjustment (most likely simply moving the towers further away from each other to make jumping from one tower to the next more difficult.

I'm also considering placing a sky crane with an I beam suspended between the towers to make crossing over feasible though risky for other classes.

I also have ideas for 2 other levels - a swimming intensive Pirate Cove level and a lunar base level designed with the moon gravity setting in mind.

2. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hate to say it, but vertigo as a map name has been taken.

3. Aki

Aki L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Doesn't surprise me that the name is taken. But the name isn't important at this early stage any way. Besides, I said "tentatively" titled for a reason.

4. Cameron:D

Cameron:D L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Name reminds me of U2
    And that map looks like it could be a bit complex to optimise ;)

5. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Looking good but I highly doubt anyone is going to have fun walking up and down all those stairs. :(

6. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    The layout seems a bit boring, mainly copy&paste stairs. Try to get in some variation, adding different ways and so on, so that not everything looks the same.

Dont forget to post your map in the [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44"]maps forum[/ame].

Also, welcome!