Heavy filter

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Relatively simple:
Measure the amount of of time it takes a heavy to walk from the start to the end of the shortcut. Put a trigger at the start, and set it so that after that amount of time the door at the end of the shortcut will open for 5 seconds. That way other classes can use the shortcut, but will be slowed down to the heavy's speed anyway.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Lol don't worry dude i tried to do this before with a scout door and it didn't work.
Then again teamtrial works so it's very odd.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Heavies are slow for a reason. If there is a heavy standing on mid he can destroy the enemy team.
What kind of games are you playing? It's not just Scouts and Snipers. Soldiers and Demomen (who are also the first on the point) will obliterate a Heavy just as well.

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
That way other classes can use the shortcut, but will be slowed down to the heavy's speed anyway.

This gives me an idea, you could use the new trigger_stun entity to reduce the movement speed of all players in the shortcut to the speed of the Heavy. Setting it to 0.488 should work.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
This gives me an idea, you could use the new trigger_stun entity to reduce the movement speed of all players in the shortcut to the speed of the Heavy. Setting it to 0.488 should work.

...Except this would make the heavy move at 23% normal movement speed...

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
6v6 is mainly limited by the way the powers that be have set the class limits. If you limited the classes to 1 of each, it would be a much more different, fair ball game.

I think this pretty much hit the nail on the head in terms of comp team play issues. restricting classes is the only way to successful allow for a more class rounded setup. Because soldiers will always be more efficient in 6vs6 than heavies.