Healthkit and Ammopack Lighting

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by endyss, Sep 7, 2008.

1. endyss

endyss L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Does anyone know why my healthkits and ammopacks are not following the lighting levels of the environment around them? Is it simply a visibility thing, that the game designers didn't ever want them hidden, or am I doing something wrong with my lighting?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The first screenshot below is the normal environment (and you can see the item_healthkit_small standing out starkly in the darkness):
    [​IMG]

And here's another shot with the levels raised up in Photoshop (so you can see there IS stuff there and it's just in the dark):
    [​IMG]

2. Earl

Earl L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think all health and ammo packs are light uniformly, and aren't affected by the lighting around them. (I might be wrong on this).

Otherwise, your map might have a leak.

3. endyss

endyss L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Unless the leak doesn't show up in a pointfile and the healthkit's only thing affected by it, I doubt it's a leak.

I've never noticed it before, but that might just be because I've never tried placing one in such darkness.

4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I can't help, but I wonder why you want such a dark room in the first place, let alone why you want to hide a health kit there.

5. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    They are in a "!0 minimum light level" mode.

6. Shadow Scythe

Shadow Scythe L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I noticed this as well, by accident. I am almost certain that it is NOT caused by leaks.

7. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    I think they self illum for contrast purposes. Read Valve's design concept powerpoint.