Health+ammo patches for Team Fortress 2

By Sebastian 'Seba' Grus
bwseba@gmail.com

Includes:

red, blue, and white round ammo overlays;
red, blue, and white round health overlays;
red, blue, and white patchy ammo overlays;
red, blue, and white patchy health overlays

To install, extract the patches folder into USERNAME/team fortress 2/tf/materials and enjoy.

You MAY NOT modify, edit, or in any way, shape, or form change these overlays without my strict permission.
You MAY NOT distribute these as your own.
You MAY include these in your custom map; all I request is a single line of credits ;)

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
wow these are nice!
They look 'painted' enough to work with the normal patches.

Have you considered a sort of poster on the ground as well?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
If the colour matched the existing patch that would be great, why are they so much brighter??

Impulse

L2: Junior Member
Nov 1, 2009
They look great but i think they need to be a little more transparent...

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
The colours should match the original patches
The patches need to be a tad more transparent.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
TBH, I picked colours that I thought were about right; I'll fix them, maybe sometimes later today.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Suggestion for when you do: export them with mipmap sharpening set to None. Unfortunately none of the sharpening options actually look very good.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Well... good job on making the overlays, but tbh I don't like the idea. I mean... we have been playing tf2 for 3 years without this kind of aid perfectly fine, and I think these will just stick out a lot and break the poor fourth wall a bit more. After playing a map 1 or 2 rounds, you should pretty much have the major pickup spots memorized.

But each to their own tastes I guess.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I made these to Edge's suggestion, which he took from...Ace's patches, I think. I wasn't actually expecting these to replace the current patches, I just thought they'd be a nice touch to a custom map.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Yeah. I remembered that Ace used some spiffy ones that fit for his map, and I just thought "Hey, what if paint patches had the Health or Ammo logo painted on them. That'd make it so you don't always have to pair ammo with health and you could tell which patch gave what from a significant distance away"