headless_hatman?

static2601

L2: Junior Member
Nov 4, 2010
you can spawn the hhh with cheats on and with the command ent_create headless_hatman. ther is also a plugin that allows you to spawn it with out cheats, http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141720&highlight=horseman . there is also a better plugin to vote for him to spawn, http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141720&highlight=horseman&page=6. it works fine on all maps ive tryed, you just need to nav_generate to create the navigation mesh for it to run around on.
speaking of nav_generate, i have a problem with a map i created that wont run the nav_generate command, it acts like its generating it then restarts the map but doesnt work. is their something i need to add in the map to fix this? thanks

edit: i am using all custom textures, was thinking that the original tf2 textures have something in the vmt files that tell the engine its a floor and not something else.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
No, nav_generate knows floors from other things by its slope (same how you can/can't place sentries). It can even pick out stairs (though isn't always good at it).

Try running the command nav_trouble_report (I think its called). Though that might not help if nav_generate is crashing.

Also try nav_generate_incremental. It'll do a small area (out to the nav_generate_incremental_range) but you can do that multiple times and maybe end up with a full mesh (do a nav_analyze when you're done).

demopan?

L1: Registered
Jul 30, 2011
i suggest that it was a community made map and i guess gcf scape is the only program that can actaully view the true map in bsp form valve quick edited this map prob before october 29th when valve had recieved it oct 25th

demopan?

L1: Registered
Jul 30, 2011
After looking at the decompiled .vmf, courtesy of Trini8ed (SP?), it's hard-coded. Nothing in the vmf would even suggest a boss.

EDIT: Unless I'm sorely mistaken. There's still hope!

yes um im also looking for that vmf file and i can't contact him thru steam it currently says hes offiline. the reason is so i can patch the map up in editor and revise the intire map such as unifinished rooms /blocked off doors.etc clipping the out side of the map and reforming it so you may go outside of the map. but im making it for a fun sever not a serious sever.