1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

HDR Cubemap Problem !!URGENT!!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Drexen, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Drexen

Drexen L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have been making my new intel room competiton map and when i go to run the map i get this message in the dev console:

Couldn't get HDR 'maps/intel_room_contest_drexen_1/c-358_-88_72.hdr' -- Trying non HDR 'maps/intel_room_contest_drexen_1/c-358_-88_72'
    Failed, using default cubemap 'engine/defaultcubemap'

When i get into the map all reflective surfaces are the purple and black squares.

I'm not sure how i can fix it :(

Drexen

2. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is a common problem. Make sure you have env_cubemaps in your map.

Then in console type this

buildcubemaps
    mat_reloadmaterialssomethin 1

Disconnect from the game, and then run the map again.

3. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
  4. Ballz

Ballz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    well im also having issues with my map, whr two *different glass textures are purple as well am not sure if its client side or pre-compile error. i've heard that some players are not having issues with the purple cubes. but the majority are it thr a way i can add a texture in the server download so that they are force to correct the texture error. whr i can change the server to pure=1 and force them to download the file(s), so i i dont have to re-compile the map again. and potenially not fix the prblem?