Having breakable object cap point when broken?

Inexistence

L1: Registered
Apr 2, 2008
Hey. I'm making an Attack/Defend map, and I want to either be able to capture the point as Blu, which breaks open a door and lets me into the next area, or I want to be able to break the door myself, allowing me to the next area.

When I break the door, I want my point to be captured, and I've tried as many methods as I could think of to make this work, but I can't seem to do it. Help?

Dec 25, 2007
What about an output on your func_breakable: OnBreak cappoint_name SetOwner 2 (for red, use 3 for blue)

Inexistence

Apr 2, 2008
Tried that, it crashes my TF2 for some reason. Should it be the Cap point itself, or the capture area? I did it on the cap point, and that's what crashed the server.

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
perhaps have the original door, with is a func_Breakable, and a block_Bullets textured brush which is a door that opens on capping the point?

if that's what you mean :s

I'm working on a similar idea at the moment, but i'm not sure if its the same. it requires that you destroy the object first, then, once its destroyed the capture point becomes blue/red. I do have one working. PM me if you want me to explain how to do it.

Last edited:

Tigger

L2: Junior Member
Mar 29, 2008
It might be the TF_gamerules is trying to credit the capper with points. But in this case the capper isn't a player on a team, but an object. So the gamerules crashes trying to give points to a broken object.

Inexistence

Apr 2, 2008
I figured it out. I just did the setTeam output, but I routed it through a logic_relay. So when the door broke, it'd trigger the relay, then the relay would change the team.