KotH Harbor

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Skern, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Skern

Skern L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This map is based on Arica Harbor from Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It started out as a little practice to see if this theme would work, and I honestly think it has some potential. I had actually made this a long time ago, and I couldn't just trash it.

I really just want to see what the community thinks about it, so I know if I should continue working on this.

Also, all my ideas for the layout are horrible. So if anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated. (it doesn't have to be koth)

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Mmm, the Layout of Arica Harbor might not work out for TF2...

BF:BC2 goes for more of a realistic fighting approach, TF2 doesnt... But, if it works pop up the map for a gameday test.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    It looks like a very nice map, particularly in terms of detail.

The one main problem is it looks a bit too corridor-ey (especially at the fourth screenshot). That random block of brick in the corner of the third screenshot looks really out of place, too, and there's a detached vent in the third screenie (minor problems, disregard these until you reach late beta stage).

I also don't reccomend making walls thinner than 16 Hammer units (see fourth screenshot).

Also, Frozen, the map is based on the theme of Africa Harbour, not the layout, so it can work.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. Skern

Skern L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, this got feedback pretty fast.

Well I really just wanted to see what people think of the theme. I intend on coming up with a good layout and working with less detail so I can make a simple alpha version with this theme in mind.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Expect fast feedback :p

Well the theme is okay. Just stick to TF2-style layouts and you'll have a very nice harbour-themed map.

6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Whoops, missread that....

Yea, that theme would work then :p Kinda a Badlands meets Well type thing.