Handling spawn change

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by sooshey, Jan 20, 2016.

1. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    In my map pl_altitude, a lot of people said the red spawn door didn't work properly. What I tried to do was make a door that works normally while that spawn is accessible, but when the point in front of it is capped, then you can only leave the spawn, not get back in. I did this by tying two identical trigger_multiples to the door (one on each side) but i'd only disable the outside one. Is there a better way to do this?
    Or should I teleport the red players inside to the spawn at last point instead?

2. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Teleport

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    There are differing opinions on the matter and different things are appropriate in different situations.

The only absolute is that you should NEVER use a kill trigger.

I don't like teleporting and I've never used it in any of my maps, I think it's sloppy and it's always irksome whenever it happens to me ingame.

I prefer making doors exit-only; or disabling the resupply locker; or disabling the locker, opening the door and disabling the respawn visualiser (essentially turning it into a normal room).

• Thanks Thanks x 1