[Hammer] Shortcuts issues

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

moroes

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2010
Hi all,

I met a new problem since a few days now...I thought it will disappear after a reboot but unfortunately the problem stay here. So I searched about a solution but there was nothing about that.

SO I hope I'll find someone here which he had this problem before and if not, some paths to find a solution.

The problem is very simple but very boring ; my shortcuts in Hammer are very very very slow...it doesn't works well.

For example (to help you to understand) :

I'm in my map and I would like copy/paste a model in the 3D View.
To make that simple action, I have to click many times the shortcut on my keyboard to make this simple action works...

This is an example...it makes the same thing for all of my shortcuts IN Hammer (CTRL + S / SHIFT + Z / CTRL + A / etc / etc / ...) :bored:

So...anyone met this problem before? Anyone could help me on that?

A last precision ; my keyboard works very well in other applications and I'm working on Windows Seven 64b.

Thanks in advance,

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I think I know what you mean. Basicly ctrl doesn't work very well in hammer? I find myself with this problem, incredibly annoying. I usualy have to repeat any process at least twice that involves ctrl, and I end up getting frustraited after it happens so many times and find myself bashing ctrl, yet the ctrl key works perfectly normal outside of hammer.

moroes

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2010
I think I know what you mean. Basicly ctrl doesn't work very well in hammer? I find myself with this problem, incredibly annoying. I usualy have to repeat any process at least twice that involves ctrl, and I end up getting frustraited after it happens so many times and find myself bashing ctrl, yet the ctrl key works perfectly normal outside of hammer.

Yes, you're right (you have a better vocabulary than me so it's better for understanding the problem :D) ! That's my problem but you can add "SHIFT" :(

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I've been having this problem too, and I think Muffin has as well. It's not yours or your system's fault, it's just Hammer being poopy.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Valve broke it a while back which I believe was around the time they updated the SDK to be split up into 3 engines.

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
OS?

Just wondering, is everyone here using Vista/Win7? I don't get this issue at all on XP.

Or maybe it's Microsoft's keyboard drivers? If it gets annoying, maybe try rolling back the drivers...

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I'm on XP. I might try rolling back the driver later. It's almost as annoying as when my wireless keyboard runs out of batteries and I get confused, thinking I've got stuck somewhere or the game crashed. I need to go back to wired.