Hammer reverting to a specific save [Solved]

The Guy You Know

L1: Registered
Jun 18, 2016
Ive been making a map in hammer and saving it each time I run it but now every time I open the map it reverts to a specific save. If I change something like a world brush or a prop and save the map it wont actually do that. Ive made sure that my files are being saved into my hammer files folder and I'm just clicking "save" and not "save as"
I'm pretty new to mapping so Idk if I'm doing something wrong or my files just aren't working.

(I also checked the interlopers compile checker and didn't find anything that sounded like it would cause my map to not save correctly)

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
There are some things that cause compiles to fail (and therefore the last working build will be loaded instead), but to my knowledge they should show up in the error log. One such thing is putting a non-rendering texture on a displacement. Don't worry, everything you did since the last working build is still saved in the vmf.

The Guy You Know

L1: Registered
Jun 18, 2016
I think I fixed it, I removed some of my displacements and backed up the map. I also reset my hammer preferences as well. Thanks for the help