Hammer problem warning!!

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Yesterday, as I was stopping TF2 to return to hammer, everything crashed. When you try to open hammer again with source, a problem like this:

"MountFilesystem(206 ) failed: SteamMountFilesystem(3008,206,0x89dfd58=,0x89dfc48) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair"

Will come up. Your best hope is to simply restart your computer. Don't bother restarting steam, it will show the same crap. Have fun and let's hope the nightmare that Hammer is at this very moment becomes better in the following weeks...

MaGicBush

Jun 9, 2009
I had the exact same error, I didn't restart though. Posted a topic here, went back and it worked was really weird. But then immediately after I compiled my map and TF2 said something about "Steam has found a issue, and will redownload TF2" but never actually downloaded it. I had to totally delete all TF2 folders from the Steamapps folder and reinstall that way :(.

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Oh crap, this doesn't sound good. No problems yet but I hope I can avoid the this one somehow. I'm not in the mood to reinstall the whole damn game and SDK as well.

Sebhael

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2009
I don't like where this thread is going :(

I'm already having system stability issues and have nothing as it is, it's my night off, and if something happens that makes it to where I can't work on my map tonight - I'm going to turn bright pink and rave my way to where ever the Valve office is.

Then I'll most likely pass out from an overdose of ecstasy.

Don

Jun 3, 2009
If you restart your computer, you will, intelligently, avoid those god damn problems. Make sure you restart it as soon as you get that problem cause if you don't, your steamapps for TF2 will go boom!

MaGicBush

Jun 9, 2009
Aye that could be, but I don't see how not restarting would cause TF2 to screw up. It was a common problem from the last patch, just check the Steam Forums under TF2 :p.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
Another problem I've been having (and some other people too apparently) is the camera in Hammer will become all screwy and angular and you can't select anything at random times.

EDIT: Wait, there's already a billion threads on this. Nevermind.

Last edited: