Hammer++ not finding free rotating of static_props etc

DoodleDon

L2: Junior Member
Nov 22, 2020
I've been looking around and testing the different functions of Hammer++ to see where I can do this, but I can't seem to find anything. Whenever I want to freely rotate for example a static_prop, I have to use the 22,5° to rotate it and not per say 20°. This is especially tiering when I want to make tracks for a Payload cart to be against something that isn't a 22,5° slope. There's also trees and crates and other items that would looks better if they weren't just turned 45° to look "different".
If anyone knows how to freely rotate things like this in Hammer++ it would be highly appreciated if they tell me how.

Thank you in advance gamers :)

Attachments

• Tracks that's going into slope.png
    Tracks that's going into slope.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 39

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
First off, there is no natural integer-rise-to-run slope except 1:1 that corresponds to a rational number of degrees, nor would I recommend trying to eyeball it with free-rotate. Your best bet is to punch it into a scientific calculator and just enter the result into the properties window. (Trigonometry > 2nd > tan⁻¹ is what you're looking for in the Windows calculator app.) Secondly, for true free-rotate, holding Alt works in Hammer++ just as it does in vanilla Hammer.

DoodleDon

L2: Junior Member
Nov 22, 2020
That explians it a lot, I thought it was ctrl or shift that made it free-rotate in normal Hammer. Guess I was wrong.
Thank you so much Pocket! : D