Hammer Nightmares! - Wierd Problems

Chris|Gramps

L1: Registered
Mar 26, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have asked Youme about this error I keep getting in Hammer and am at a loss as to what might be causing it.

Problem One:
Basically, I can use hammer fine until I click one of the Tabs such as Flags etc when I Ctrl+T on an object or brush. When I do this Hammer just closes and looses what ever I have done since the last save.

System Spec.

Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard
Intel Quad Core Q6600
NVidia 8800 GTX 768mb
4GB OCZ Raptor Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate (32bit)

I have tried deleting Local Content and then reinstalling SDK but it still does it, not all the time but I find myself getting scrared if I to Ctrl+t which as you know can be quite often. :w00t:

Problem 2:
I can be working on a map but all of a sudden when I am in the 3D window moving about I get what can only be described a shards or splinters of nodraw all over the place, almost like shattered glass. If this happens the map will complie but TF2 will not run the map.

Will try and get a screen shot because I have never had this before.

Many Thanks In Advance for any help ;)

Regards

Chris

Troublesome

L1: Registered
Apr 11, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have asked Youme about this error I keep getting in Hammer and am at a loss as to what might be causing it.

Problem One:
Basically, I can use hammer fine until I click one of the Tabs such as Flags etc when I Ctrl+T on an object or brush. When I do this Hammer just closes and looses what ever I have done since the last save.

System Spec.

Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard
Intel Quad Core Q6600
NVidia 8800 GTX 768mb
4GB OCZ Raptor Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate (32bit)

I have tried deleting Local Content and then reinstalling SDK but it still does it, not all the time but I find myself getting scrared if I to Ctrl+t which as you know can be quite often. :w00t:

Problem 2:
I can be working on a map but all of a sudden when I am in the 3D window moving about I get what can only be described a shards or splinters of nodraw all over the place, almost like shattered glass. If this happens the map will complie but TF2 will not run the map.

Will try and get a screen shot because I have never had this before.

Many Thanks In Advance for any help ;)

Regards

Chris

Have tried updating the drives for your graphics card ?

Might help.

tedrock

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2008
Im using vista and its perfectly fine : /, but im using 64 bit, why have all that ram if the computer wont recognize it.

doesn't 64bit involve your processor and not ram...?

i also tend to avoid 64bit versions of any windows OS because no one likes to make drivers or software for it. even some microsoft software won't run on 64bit xp or vista.

Last edited:

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
doesn't 64bit involve your processor and not ram...?

It has to do with your processor, but your processor is what access memory. If the address of the ram exceeds what your processor is capable of, it will never be used. There might be work arounds for this though, I know there used to be back in 16bit days, where addressed were 20 bits long.