Hammer isn't working.

That's the plan

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2018
So I recently got a new computer, and I've transferred all of my game saves (Including tf2) to my new computer. However, whenever I tried loading up hammer for the first time, I got the error: "gameinfo.txt is missing".Tf2 works, but hammer dosen't. I tried verifying my game files through steam, but it didn't solve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
This is because your gameinfo.txt is configured incorrectly. To fix the problem, you need to locate and delete your gameinfo.txt and then re-verify your tf2 installation. This allows the server to re-download a new gameinfo.txt, which should then make hammer work.

If the problem persists then I think you need to crack open the .txt file and check to see if the file paths match up with where your hammer.exe is located (or something).

That's the plan

Jul 8, 2018
This is because your gameinfo.txt is configured incorrectly. To fix the problem, you need to locate and delete your gameinfo.txt and then re-verify your tf2 installation. This allows the server to re-download a new gameinfo.txt, which should then make hammer work.

If the problem persists then I think you need to crack open
Deleted it, re-verified, didn't work :( Any other possible solutions? (Just curious, how exactly do I change the file directory, or check to see if its right?)

Last edited:

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015

That's the plan

Jul 8, 2018