Hammer hotkeys have become unresponsive

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Acegikmo, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
    For some reason, my Hammer shortcuts have become incredibly unresponsive. Sometimes I have to press the map tool shortcuts (Shift+A/E/X/C/V/B) about 8 times before the tool is actually switched to it.
    It worked fine a few months ago, but now it doesn't. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago.
    Next day it was all fine. I really have no idea.

Edit: Seems that it still happens sometimes to me, but I've rather got used to it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    It's been like that for a while now. :(

4. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Same with all the ctrl shortcuts. Gets really annoying copying one object, only for it to paste an earlier copied object :(

5. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    I have a lot of problems with shift+a, sometimes i have to spam them to get it work.

6. tovilovan

tovilovan L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Only noticed this with ctrl+c, which never works the first time, but always the second time. Thought it was just an issue of me missing the keys or something ^^

7. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Do you have an ati video card? I think this is a known bug, but with no fix yet..

8. Zemskiss

Zemskiss L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I always had a problem with ctrl+c. Made a habit spamming this combination before using ctrl+v.

9. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I've had this problem for months. For some reason it was really really bad back in... the autumn, I guess. I had to spam shortcuts literally 20-ish times on occasion. Now it's usually just ctrl+c that messes up, but it's still annoying as hell.

10. honeymustard

honeymustard L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Me too. Every ctrl shortcut. Might be related to ATI but probably not considering it didn't use to happen

11. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    it's every shortcut for me.
    ctrl+c,v,z,f shift+x alt+enter etc...

12. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not having this problem, for what it's worth.

I do occasionally see my mouse click not registering, usually when I'm selecting texture faces or multiple objects. But I can't be sure that's not simply me being too gentle with the clicky click.

Kep

13. honeymustard

honeymustard L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also now sometimes the esc key doesn't seem to work (like if I've got a brush selected and want to deselect). Have to restart to fix it.

14. Lord Ned

Lord Ned L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Same problem here. ATI card.

Sent an email to the guy at Valve who worked on it... problem got better, then got worse again.

15. Whated

Whated L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have ATI Radeon HD4290 or something and I dont have any issues, and if I had I usually restart the hammer and SDK and then it works fine.

-Whated~

16. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    This might be weird. I don't have an ATI card. :bored:

17. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I have a NVIDIA 8600 GT right now, but an ATI Radeon 5770 sitting next to me. Been stalling on putting it in since I'm doing a lot of mapping at the moment and want to be sure I maximize fps, heh. Once I change it out, I'll of course report if this causes the problems for me in Hammer.

Kep

18. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have an nVidia 9400 GT but still get the problem so I don't think it's ATI that does it, unless it's ATI and particular models of nVidia.

19. Wander

Wander L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    ctrl+o never works for me, other shortcuts do, however, it depends on where my mouse is
    shortcuts like alt+enter, ctr+x/c/v and a few others only work when my mouse is in a 2D view

20. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure this is not a video card issue. During the artpass contest, Hammer was completely fine. I haven't changed any hardware nor OS since then. I was, and is still using a 9600 GT.