Hammer Grid/Drag Fast and Slow ?

Toxindude

L3: Member
Aug 2, 2012
This is a common problem that pops up alot for me. I will go to either drag an item or brush across the map or just simply draw a brush. For some reason sometimes I can draw out a box very quickly the drag will be fast and others its super slow or I can't drag any further than I can see in the 2D view. I will have to scroll out then drag and scroll back in. Is there a hot key I am hitting on accident causing this to happen? It is very time consuming and in convieniant.

Toxindude

Aug 2, 2012
I always scroll out. Not sure what takes so long time about that? It takes a mere snap on the mousewheel to zoom in or out completely.

I agree but don't you find it annoying that sometimes you can draw stuff out rather quickly and others it does'nt want to drag at all resulting in the scroll out and in method. I just thought maybe there was a fix to this other than the scroll method :D

Sep 7, 2012
When moving anything, shift+LMB, scroll out, move, scroll in, move, release. While I agree that the automatic side-scrolling seems to work on a completely random basis sometimes, I find that zooming in and out helps you get a sense of perspective on your whole map anyway, which is useful when you've been concentrating on one small area for a while.

Toxindude

Aug 2, 2012
That's exactly how I do it currently. O well thanks for the replies guys :D