Hammer freezes

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Fmrunga, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Fmrunga

Fmrunga L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As I tried starting up hammer earlier today, I noticed that it froze after little more than a few minutes. This happens every time I start hammer now. Basically it just stands still tugging away at around 10% CPU usage and a RAM usage that increases ever so slightly. During this time Steam also stays at around 20% CPU usage.

I've tried deleting all source SDK, TF2 and Steam content and then reinstalling it all - even updated my graphics driver, nothing has helped so far. Also ran some stress tests on my computer to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue - nothing came out abnormally. I'm running a Radeon HD4850 and an i5 2500k, so there shouldn't be any issue with performance, and like I said it's worked perfectly fine up until a couple of days ago.

I'm thinking this might have something to do with the latest TF 2 update, as I had no issues prior to it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, and if so do you have any ideas on how to solve it? As it is I can't get any work done, which is a bit discouraging.

2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  3. Fmrunga

Fmrunga L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, that went right over my head. Thanks for the quick response. :)

Guess we'll just have to wait for Valve to fix things up then.

4. icshockwave23

icshockwave23 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Im having the same problem :(

5. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not sure which post to place this in - this one or the link above.

Maybe this hs something to do with the errors:

When you open Hammer and before you get the 4 window panel page - you get that other wiindow down at the nottom.

Is anyone else getting the red error messages there - some thing like unexpected error at line 1314 or something like that?

Is that the cause or is it something else?

6. Leminnes

aa Leminnes

Positive Ratings:
    http://forums.tf2maps.net/showpost.php?p=246115&postcount=59