Hammer feature wishlist

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Also, along similar lines, this is more an engine thing than a Hammer thing, but I want the ability to set a physics prop's center of gravity, either in the prop's data itself or in Hammer. It's so stupid that there's no way to tell the engine that the orange lamp is supposed to be able to stand up on its base.
The center of mass can be defined for a model during it's compile. So you could probably do it with a recompile of the model. $collisionmodel

Tehrasha

L3: Member
Nov 5, 2009
real time lighting previews.

Which would then lend itself to the ability to build cubemaps during compile!

Navigation support for nDOF control devices.

Custom keybinds.

Undo History so you can see what steps have occured, and which key you bumped accidentally to screw everything upl. :)

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Displacements do not use grids to begin with, and sewing will make them meet up.

I mean where you position the cursor to create a displacement that appears to be set on a grid and also thanks for the tip on sewing.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
- The ability to design displacements using an image where each color is for an axis.
- Propper in hammer
- Drag and drop overlay placement (from corner to corner) instead of click and then manualy resize
- Grid aligning when placing something in the 3d view

And this also requires an engine change:
- Static path_tracks where the train instead uses 3 dynamic path_tracks all the time that simply move on the static path tracks. For payload maps this means you no longer have to worry about the smoothness of the track.
- Path tracks with a turn option for smooth turns rather than smoothing movement between the path_tracks.

Attsy

L3: Member
Jan 31, 2010
All I want is a way to bind multi-step things to one key. For example you press "1" and whatever is selected is instantly rotated 90 degrees on the z axis. But its all user customized, of course.

Confidence Man

L1: Registered
Jun 26, 2009
Give me a shortcut to lock/unlock rotation. Aggravating when I want to rotate a poster just a tiny bit but I have to open up Tools --> Options --> 2D views and change it, then change it back.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
this thread is probably more useful by asking for things then having snark tell you that they already exist, and improving your mapping speed