hammer.exe

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
So, since the dawn of time, I have been using hammer, and have been playing around with it for about 100 hours. But I have always used it as a non-steam game, linking it to the .exe file in the game files. I did download Source SDK initially, and followed all the tutorials and stuff, but always got errors when starting/opening maps such as Failed to Load Default Scheme File. The Map Views may be missing some visual elements.

I open up source SDK, click Source Engine MP and then Team Fortress 2. It then, when a new map is loaded, looks like this: http://imgur.com/iEnJkfU

I cannot do anything, no matter what setting I change, as far as I can see. Those white lines only appear when I have hovered over them.

It is impossible to load old maps.

Please help as I want to clock hours and look MLG D;

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Load it up the same way you did before and the SDK separately. That's what I do to keep track of my "played" hours in hammer.

Pre Steam Pipe it was launched through the SDK, but that isn't the case anymore.

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
Wow thanks man I wondered how you were clocking hours, and that is a shame that it hasn't been updated D: