Hammer.exe issues

ar.

L1: Registered
Apr 2, 2020
Hi its my first time posting in this forum and by extension its my first time mapping for this game.
So the issues began after i installed A Boojum Snark's Team Fortress 2 Mapping Resource Pack and tried to open hammer thru my walpaper (copying and pasting the file to the walpaper, wich worked until i installed ABSTF2MRP) and i got a message from windows telling me that tier0.dll was missing, i went to check on the file and it wasnt so i searched for a possible fix for the problem, all the results coming dry and i really did not want to reinstall tf2 since my wifi is a slow mess so my universe brain decided that if i opened hammer derectly from the bin file it would open and it did, idk how this came to my head aside from me having issues running f4se and it working that way and idk why this works if any of you have an explanation and a possible fix i would be most grateful.

Thank you for reading thru this mess.

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
Hammer probably isn't expecting its exe to not be running in the bin folder. I'm surprised it didn't break the first time you tried that. You should be able to run hammer fine through a shortcut.

ar.

L1: Registered
Apr 2, 2020
Pinsplash, thanks for the awser, it works as a shortcut, i am just confused why it worked the first time i tried now.