Hammer Error Makes Mapping Impossible

Sonicite

L1: Registered
Mar 23, 2011
Hey guys. So, I used to do some mapping, but then I switched to Mac. I finally used Bootcamp and now I'm running Windows 7 32 bit. I reinstalled Source SDK so that I could get back into mapping, but there's a huge problem. Every time I add a prop or brush to the map, nothing shows up, besides the wireframe. I've tried troubleshooting this, but failed to find anything helpful to fix the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled Source SDK, reset the game configuration, refreshed Source SDK content, and yet nothing works. All brushes just look like blank cubes with outlines and all props are either invisible or just wireframes. Can someone lend me a hand here? Thanks guys.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Does your 3d viewport look like this?
glitch.png

If so, then you've got it set to "3d wireframe" under "camera" in the viewport. Change it to "3d textured" or "3d shaded textured". I can provide more screenshots if that is the case.

If not, someone else will have to provide an answer.

Sonicite

L1: Registered
Mar 23, 2011
Heh, didn't realize it was as simple as that. Thanks a lot! Sorry if my question was kind of.... Really dumb. It's been almost a year since I had the chance to do any mapping. Thanks again. And yes, it worked.