Hammer editor view cropped to the side

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Joeakuaku, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Joeakuaku

Joeakuaku L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As the title implies, I'm having trouble with using Hammer. The 3d viewport (ugh, I haven't used it in a while, pardon me if my vocab is rusty) is cropped and tilted to the top left corner. Below is a screenshot.

https://www.anonimg.com/img/38b73996b5420cae9d1484096bf8c9e5.png

I should mention that when I click it flashes to the normal view for a frame or two. This is really bugging me since it doesn't affect the placement of things, only my view. It's also like this in SFM, too.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, this is weird. Maybe try disabling steam overlay or changing random 3d view settings in hammer.

3. Joeakuaku

Positive Ratings:
    It fixed itself for a bit, but it's happening again. New info: if I have more than one viewport set to 3d, then it's reversed. It looks normal except when moving or generally updating the view.

4. Joeakuaku

Positive Ratings:
    Nevermind. It was caused by Razer Game Booster. I closed it and it fixed it.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    Thanked for posting the solution, even if no one ever has the problem for the same reason.

6. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    ctrl+a resizes every window to it's original size, might be worth a try to see if it also places everything back in place.