Hammer Editor entity icons low-res?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Bloodroke, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Bloodroke

Bloodroke L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    All of a sudden later today, when I opened up Hammer, I noticed all of my entity icons, like the light, env_cubemap, logic_timer, etc. all have extremely disgusting low res issues. All of my other textures seem to be fine.

What could have caused this so suddenly, and more importantly, how can I go about fixing it?

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Mine are actually doing the same exact thing, except it's all of my materials as well. I have been having some odd video card problems lately and attributed it to that, but perhaps it's a bit more widespread than that?

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bloodroke

Bloodroke L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Just changed the picmip value under group 14 to -1, and nothing changed in Hammer.

For whatever reason, if you need it, I have an AMD FX 8350 processor with a GTX 560 Superclocked.

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Well like I mentioned in that other thread since it got bumped, my main computer is offline while my replacement part comes, so I won't be able to figure out why or how to make that work again for awhile.

Hopefully there is something that can be done because I hate low res hammer too :(

6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Both my computers are doing this, so it's not a driver thing.