Hammer dosent save changes when running maps.

cookiesurvival

L2: Junior Member
Jul 5, 2015
Note: I did not check to see if this happened to anyone else on here, so please just link me to the post if there is one.

This is just one of those days. Today I was working on a map until I saw a ramp suddenly higher then usual. I put the ramp down to where it was suppose to be. But once I ran the map, its in the position that I didn't wanted. . .
I reload the program and saw that the ramp is where its suppose to be in hammer, but when I run it into TF2, it is still screwed up. So I then check to see if it happens to all of the objects. But when I did, still nothing.

So it seems that everything I created after the ramp doesn't seem to change when I run it on TF2.
I have no idea why this happens, but it just seems the Hammer is just giving me more pain :/
Any way I can fix it?

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
Sometimes compiles fail even when they successfully finish. The game will still launch but it will load the old version of your map. Look through your compile log for information or run it through this site.

If you narrowed it down to that one ramp, try just deleting and remaking it.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I've been pestered by this exact problem, and I feel it has to do with a corrupted .vmf. I've ended up copying sections of my map (brushes, entities, etc.) individually into a new .vmf, compiling along the way to check for issues, and rebuilding whatever I need to. Unfortunately, I don't have an easy solution, but I'm eager to find one.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
@KubeKing it's almost certainly vbsp crashing. Read that section of your compile log and it'll probably show what's happened.

If vbsp crashes, vvis will just pick up whatever already exists, which means it'll pick up the last version where vbsp didn't crash.

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014
@KubeKing it's almost certainly vbsp crashing. Read that section of your compile log and it'll probably show what's happened.

If vbsp crashes, vvis will just pick up whatever already exists, which means it'll pick up the last version where vbsp didn't crash.

So, whenever I encounter this happening, check my compile log for why vbsp is crashing, fix it, recompile, and everything should be a-go?

That's a lot better than having to rebuild half the map from scratch.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So, whenever I encounter this happening, check my compile log for why vbsp is crashing, fix it, recompile, and everything should be a-go?

That's a lot better than having to rebuild half the map from scratch.
Yes.

Kube

aa
Aug 31, 2014