[Hammer] Deletion of a single clip brush causes infinite series of leaks (RESOLVED)

Ledari

L1: Registered
Nov 11, 2021
Hello,

I just want to point out that I am brand new to Hammer (I just started yesterday), and I have been editing the .vmf file of dustbowl obtained from this thread. Everything has been running smoothly until I tried deleting/modifying one of the clip brushes outside of RED spawn area on the first stage. When changing or deleting this brush (or nearby ones), Hammer first fails to accept any changes made when compiling (none of the changes go through when playing on the compiled map), and then it eventually returns a compile error, citing a leak and other problems that did not exist before the deletion. However, none of the leaks made any sense, and there was no leak problem before deleting this brush or when I deleted other brushes throughout the map. Here is one example of the leaks. It is nowhere near where I deleted the clip brush. A couple of other bizarre "leaks" that occurred afterward include an ammo box by the second point on the second stage and a random rail located on the first stage in one of the caves.

FYI: I want to remove this clip brush because I am trying to remove the fences around that part of the map.

Help would be much appreciated.

UPDATE 11/12/21: Issue resolved by decompiling dustbowl excluding area portals and occluders then fixing missing textures.

Last edited: