Hammer Crashes

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Kunny

L2: Junior Member
Jan 2, 2017
Whenever I compile a map and I minimize hammer so I can do something else while it's compiling, it crashes. What can I do?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Have you tried not actually minimizing, and just clicking out of it? Hammer is supposed to become unresponsive when you're compiling, and that includes the window controls in the top right.

[INSERT USERNAME]

L1: Registered
Jul 12, 2017
Have you tried not actually minimizing, and just clicking out of it? Hammer is supposed to become unresponsive when you're compiling, and that includes the window controls in the top right.
I know what you mean Pocket, it's happened to me multiple times before, I've mostly found that it has to do with whats in the map itself, but CompilePal helps as well.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Have you made use of the -threads command while compiling? Hammer will use 100% CPU power if it can while compiling, so trying to do something else could make it crash. Limiting it's CPU use via the -threads command might help.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I wouldn't say that it's supposed to do that. It's just a thing it does despite what people want it to.