hammer compile problem

poopster101

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2008
i wanted to retexture that map orange_x because i hate playing on a orange and gray map so i used teh bsp to vmf decompiler and got my vmf and it loads up but when i try to run the map this happens. its something about it not being able to find the bsp but the bsp hasnt been created yet. thats teh compilers job isnt it?

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\Reid\Desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Sep 21 2007)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\team fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Users\Reid\Desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured.vmf
material "tfcustoms/color_orange" not found.
Material not found!: TFCUSTOMS/COLOR_ORANGE
material "tfcustoms/color_grey" not found.
Material not found!: TFCUSTOMS/COLOR_GREY
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 241, brush 0)

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\Reid\Desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
2 threads
reading c:\users\reid\desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured.bsp
Error opening c:\users\reid\desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov 8 2007)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\reid\desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured.bsp
Error opening c:\users\reid\desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\Reid\Desktop\map\cp_orange_x_textured.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\rmoney101\team fortress 2\tf\maps\cp_orange_x_textured.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You've made a displacement an entity. You need to remove that brush.
Whats happening here is the displacement as an entity is causing the map to stop compiling and not save, so when windows trys to open it, its not there.

Infuture, check interlopers error checker before posting a compile log on a forum - http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors

poopster101

Jan 28, 2008
You've made a displacement an entity. You need to remove that brush.

i didnt make it a displacement but its there so is there an easy way to find it so i can delete it?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Use map>check map for problems
That will find most problems with your map

poopster101

Jan 28, 2008
nvm i figured it out
i had to select all and then get my face editor up and destroy all displacements

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
"Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 241, brush 0)"
That was the error...