Hammer Compile Error with Construction Pack

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TheDoc, Jan 22, 2011.

1. TheDoc

TheDoc L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey everyone!
    I have recently been working on a koth map and using the awesome new construction pack models. But im having an issue when I attempt to compile the map and I get a error within tf2 stating that it cannot find the map's file. Here is the console printout:

Code:
    Not playing a local game.
    CModelLoader::Map_IsValid:  No such map 'maps/koth_construction.bsp'
    map load failed: koth_construction not found or invalid
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_start in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_end in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_startskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar fog_endskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Any ideas?
    I don't think the models are causing it but I'm not ruling anything out yet.

*Edit
    forgot to include the compile dialog:

Code:
    ** Executing...
    ** Command: "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf" "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul  7 2010)
    2 threads
    materialPath: h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\materials
    Loading H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.vmf
    Patching WVT material: maps/koth_construction/dev/dev_blendmeasure_wvt_patch
    fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
    ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
    **** leaked ****
    Entity prop_dynamic (160.00 -288.00 64.00) leaked!
    Processing areas...done (0)
    Building Faces...done (0)
    FixTjuncs...
    PruneNodes...
    WriteBSP...
    done (0)
    Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
       skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
     ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
    Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
       skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
     ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
    Finding displacement neighbors...
    Finding lightmap sample positions...
    Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
    Building Physics collision data...
    Displacement 4 has bad geometry near -352.00 -194.00 38.75
    Can't compile displacement physics, exiting.  Texture is DEV/DEV_BLENDMEASURE

** Executing...
    ** Command: "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf" "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul  7 2010)
    2 threads
    reading h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.bsp
    Error opening h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
    ** Parameters:  -game "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf" "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul  7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.bsp
    Error opening h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.bsp" "h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\powells240\team fortress 2\tf\maps\koth_construction.bsp"

this was put into compile log checker but I didn't get any errors that i could see.

Thanks for the Help!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    You didnt run it through a compile log checker very well, you have a basic leak (of the prop_dynamic at these coords 160.00 -288.00 64.00)... You should ALWAYS load a pointfile before every compile (checks for leaks)

Plug in log here to see the rest.

3. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Code:
    Displacement 4 has bad geometry near -352.00 -194.00 38.75
    Can't compile displacement physics, exiting.  Texture is DEV/DEV_BLENDMEASURE
    Go to those coordinates, find the displacement near there, fix it. It's nothing to do with Construction models. Because you have a bad disp, VBSP doesn't run and doesn't create the .bsp file, hence TF2 can't find it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. TheDoc

TheDoc L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm fairly new and still learning some of the more advanced features. I wasn't sure if the models could have caused them or not so i just wanted to be specific, not bashing the excellent quality. The displacement seems to have caused the error and it was resolved. Sorry if I wasted your time.

5. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    A good question is never a waste of time!