1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Hammer adding geometry on compile?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DrHorrible, Oct 21, 2009.

1. DrHorrible

DrHorrible L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The geometry of the map was very simple. An open courtyard with four walls, at one end a doorway into a hexagonal room.

I was experimenting with 2D skyboxes and wrapped the entire layout in a hollow brush.

I compiled and loaded the map in-game and extra geometry was attached onto all the surfaces of my rooms. It looked like every vertical brush and horizontal brush on the hexagonal room had an extra, equal-size brush attached to one of its faces.

I'm still not exactly sure what happened and I just nuked the whole thing and went to bed.

I haven't come across anything like that in any forum thread or tutorial. Is something like that possible?

2. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    I think you might have some invalid brushes. Go to Map -> Check for Problems to find out about any Invalid Solid Structures.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You mean like this?
    [​IMG]

4. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, you really didn't have the best of luck with walkway, did you? Or more specifically, just that spot.