hallwayofdeath

annerajb

L1: Registered
May 17, 2009
Hello this is my first map and looking for some feedback about it.

The Idea:
The idea behind this map is something similar to the ctf map hallway of death except in this one there are control point from the oposite team in front of your spawn. the point is to slaughter the enemy team from the other side of the hallway while you take their control point.​

Feedback Needed:
so far the map has nothing fancy but i am thinking of adding a air shaft like on ctf_turbine that you can use to get to the enemy side (apart from walking thought the hallway)that way spy's and pyro's can make themselves useful. another one i been debating is adding a small holy on the wall behind the control point so snipers have another location to shoot at the other side.​

also anybody know a way to host this for play testing? I am hosting it on my computer but nobody joins :S.

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
every weekend we have map testing, two days in US servers, 1 day in EU servers. Just post your map the thread when it's posted and they'll get you in if your map checks out according to the rules of gamedays. We very often fill up the server so you'll get full game feedback and even demo files if you request them so you can review how your map plays and what you can change to make it play better.

At first glance i see tiling textures on your walls. Step one might be to size those walls down so they don't tile and use multiple blocks to make up your walls, perhaps a bottom, middle, and top brush so you can texture each block accordingly. Secondly, what is that texture of KPow radio? I've never seen that before but your using it an awful lot in those pictures.

just some initial thoughts i had

annerajb

L1: Registered
May 17, 2009
Thanks louiekidd ill work on it to have it ready for next weekend.

I assume full bright means adding lights so there are shadows?