halloween map - nav_generate

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by basilhs333, Sep 22, 2016.

1. basilhs333

basilhs333 L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    so i am making a halloween map and today or tommorow it will be ready for you to see.
    but i am wondering do i need to do something with nav_generate?
    because as far you know of course a halloween map encludes bosses .

2. ммα | ∂αиỉєℓ

ммα | ∂αиỉєℓ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You'll need a nav mesh throughout the map otherwise the boss won't move around and kill people. There are plenty of websites and youtube videos that can teach you how to do this. Personally I learned how to by nav editing L4D maps so you could look at those. A very general tutorial can be found here : https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Navigation_Meshes

Best of luck :)

3. Cynder loves Portal

Cynder loves Portal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    just type nav_generate into the console. it works for me.

4. basilhs333

basilhs333 L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    thanks for the help but i need to ask something say i mess it up and nav_geneate doesnt work for you when you install the map except you type to the console nav_generate.
    Is That i Would Say Bad For The Map Or Something?
    i mean Say The Map Is Very Good And Valve Wants To Add it But Nav_generate Doesnt Work Except you Type it to The Console Thats A Problem Or ....?????
    Just Curious

5. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You, the map author, build the nav mesh. For each release. And it's not enough to use nav_generate, the nav mesh generator isn't perfect. You will need to examine the mesh manually and fix up any strange issues.

6. Cynder loves Portal

Cynder loves Portal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
Tags: